Monday, October 30th
Band and Choir Rehearsal Hall
72 Hardy Rd; Mississippi State, MS 39762
The Mississippi State University Department of Music is hosting its annual Music Discovery Day open house on Monday, October 30th in an effort to give prospective music and music education majors the opportunity to see first-hand what a future in music can hold.
What to Bring
- Casual clothes
- Comfortable shoes (You'll be doing a little bit of walking)
- Spending money (Barnes & Noble has great MSU gear!)
- Rain wear (just in case!)
- Sweater or jacket (some meeting rooms can be a little chilly)
- Music and Instrument (if applicable) for masterclasses
- Your BULLDOG SPIRIT!...
- Meet with music faculty
- Visit with current music majors
- Sit in on music classes
- Hear student and faculty performances
- Work on college audition and/or All-State audition music in a masterclass with faculty
- Tour the MSU campus
Parents are invited too!
This event is open to all juniors, seniors, and community college students interested in majoring in music or music education.
Registration is only $10.00 payable the day of the event. You will also need to obtain a visitor parking pass through our parking services system: http://www.parkingservices.msstate.edu/visitor-parking/ Parking passes are free if you have never visited before, and only $3 if you have visited before.
Deadline for Registration: Monday, October 23rd.
Questions? Contact Prof. Jessica Banks at email@example.com